Vehicle Diagnostics Near Me in Athens, ON
Sometimes automotive problems are obvious. If your bumper is dragging along the ground, it’s pretty clear what’s amiss. But not all problems are so cut and dry. That’s why there are vehicle diagnostics.
If you’re concerned there’s something wrong with your vehicle, you may be searching, “Car engine diagnostics”, “How do automotive diagnostics work?”, “vehicle diagnostics near Athens”. If so, Brockville Oil and Tires can help. Here’s what you need to know about vehicle diagnostics.
“Can I get vehicle diagnostics near me in Athens, Ontario?”
You can! At Brockville Oil and Tires, we can inspect your vehicle and diagnose whatever problem you’ve been having. But how do vehicle diagnostics work?
When are vehicle diagnostics necessary?
Vehicle diagnostics can be performed as part of a routine maintenance schedule or to find a problem you’ve been having with your vehicle. If you’ve noticed a problem, come to Brockville Oil and Tires and we’ll run a diagnostic assessment. Even if you haven’t noticed problems, it’s wise to follow a regular maintenance schedule that includes diagnostics. This reduces the chances that your vehicle will incur big problems in the future.
Brockville Oil and Tires diagnostic services
At Brockville Oil and Tires, our technicians can assess different aspects of your vehicle, including:
- Alternator – Your alternator needs to be in good working condition to fully charge your battery and power your electrical system while your engine is running.
- Batteries –Your vehicle battery powers your radio, headlights, and other electrical components to function.
- Charging System – Even if your battery is working, if your battery terminal posts, clamps, and cables aren’t working, your electrical components may not be able to function.
- Rough Running – Rough running while idling is often due to an issue with the oxygen sensor, fuel filter, or pump.
- Scan Tool – At Brockville Oil and Tires, we have a scan tool that can diagnose problems and re-program your vehicle’s control modules.
- Warning Lights – As soon as you notice that the check engine light is on, or any other warning light on your dashboard, you should come to Brockville Oil and Tires.
- Misfires – Misfires are common symptoms of bigger problems.
- Exhaust – An exhaust in good working order isn’t loud nor does it rattle.
- Hard Shifting – Shifting from one gear to another should not be difficult or grinding.
- Air Bags – Nothing is more important than safety, so at Brockville Oil and Tires, we’ll always make sure your airbags are working properly.
- ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) – Without a working ABS, you’re likely to skid on icy or wet roads.
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) – The TPMS sensor signals when the air pressure in your tires is insufficient.
- Emissions Test – An E Test measures the pollutants your vehicle emits to ensure it’s under the legal limit.
Contact Brockville Oil and Tires for vehicle diagnostics near you in Athens, ON.
There’s no need to keep searching for car diagnostics near you if you’re in or near Athens. Just come to Brockville Oil and Tires and we can inspect your vehicle and diagnose any problems. We offer automotive diagnostics for SUVs, trucks, and all passenger cars.
To learn more about vehicle diagnostics, or about any of our other available services and products, please contact us via our website or call 613-342-3000