Auto Battery Replacement Near me in Smiths Falls, ON
There are few worse feelings than when you get in your car to drive to work, run an errand, or embark on a road trip and your vehicle won’t start. Often, this is the result of a dead battery. You may be able to get your car started with another vehicle and a set of jumper cables, but even so, you’re probably going to have to replace that battery.
If this has happened to you, you’ve probably been searching, “Car battery repair near Smiths Falls”, “How do I know if my battery needs to be replaced?”, “Auto battery replacement near me”, or something similar. If so, you’ve come to the right place. Brockville Oil and Tires can help.
“Can I get car battery repair near me in Smiths Falls, ON?”
You can! Brockville Oil &Tires offers battery replacement and repair services in the Smiths Falls area of Ontario. When you change your battery, what kind of battery should you choose as a replacement?
What replacement battery should you choose?
If you’re happy with your current battery, we might be able to replace it with the exact same type and brand. However, this isn’t always possible and, furthermore, many drivers don’t want this, considering their battery just died on them, they made be hard feelings or brand disloyalty.
So how do you pick a good replacement battery? It’s not always as simple as picking the battery with the highest capacity and longest estimated battery life, though those are key qualities. Keep cost in mind, too. Generally, batteries cost more if they have a long battery life, great battery capacity, and a lengthy battery warranty.
Look for a car battery that:
- Sits properly in the battery tray. If your battery isn’t level, it can suffer from excess vibration.
- Meets or exceeds the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) rating recommended in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- Has ample Reserve Capacity (RC), which determines how long accessories can run while keeping enough power to start the engine.
- Has sufficient battery capacity, especially if you drive in the extreme cold, which Smiths Falls drivers do every winter. The more the temperature drops below freezing, the less effective a battery’s performance is.
- For example, a fully charged battery might operate at 100% of its cranking power at +27ºC, but if the temperature decreases down to -18ºC, it’s power will have decreased by 40%.
More auto battery information
Modern automobiles are very efficient but can also be very demanding of their batteries. This relates largely because to today’s vehicles having many internal systems.
A regular battery maintenance schedule can ensure all the vehicle’s electronic functions keep working. Optimally. Also, while winter can decrease a battery’s efficacy, summer might be the hardest season on batteries. High temperatures, air conditioning, and stressful conditions for engines all wear batteries down.
Contact Brockville Oil and Tires for car battery repair near you in Smiths Falls, ON
There’s no need to keep searching for an auto battery replacement near you if you’re in or near Smiths Falls. Just come to Brockville Oil and Tires and we can change your battery and perform any necessary repairs. We offer battery repair for SUVs, trucks, and all passenger cars.
To learn more about car batteries, or any of our other available services and products, please contact us via our website or call 613-342-3000